Thursday, May 7, 2009

Uncle Doyle

Myron, Eileen, Doyle and Fawn

I am the oldest of seven girls. I always wanted a brother. My dad's brother, Doyle, was only four and a half years older than I was. We lived in Redwood City, Calif., and he lived in Logan. During his high school years Doyle worked for my dad and lived with us. I finally had a brother!

We had lots of fun together with my other sisters. We liked to square dance at Mutual and stop for ice cream cones on our way home. We loved to go to the beach. We would tease Doyle by calling him "Uncle Doyle".

When Doyle received his mission call to Brazil to Brazil we all learned a bit of Portuguese. I still remember "Donde esta la lapiz" and other "Donde estas."

Last week Doyle's grandson, Greg Packer, was married in the Bountiful Temple. We were able to enjoy the marriage and the luncheon with them. We have all gotten older, but we still enjoyed being together.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice picture of you two with Doyle and Fawn. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need more. More writing, more pictures!

    ReplyDelete