Monday, January 12, 2009

Mitchell's Farewell

[435.jpg]

On Sunday, Jan. 11, we went to Mitchell's Missionary Farewell. He gave a really good talk comparing his skiing experiences to preparation for missionary experiences. It was the most we have ever heard Mitchell talk.

Afterward we went to Lorna's house for lunch. Mitchell had over eighty friends his age show up. The food was gone in just a few minutes, but luckily there was enough. I looked into their activity room and there was literally wall to wall and center to center young people. Mitchell may not say much to adults, but he has more friends than anyone. He goes into the MTC on Wednesday. Way to go Mitchell!


Mitchell will be serving in the Los Angles Mission Korean speaking. I think it will be a challenge speaking Korean in Los Angles. It seems like if he spends all that time learning Korean he should at least get to go to Korea. However, he is happy about his call, and I am sure he will be a great missionary especially if he gets to teach the youth.

I copied the picture from Lorna's blog. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment